Thursday, October 25, 2007

TROUBLING

I'm having a hard time understanding how something like this could have happened so fucking quickly. I mean really. On Thursday, August 9th, my wife woke up with no knowledge of this other guy's existence. And on the very next day, she's giving him a blowjob in a parking lot.

What???

My God, is this normal?

You know, not that it would make me feel any better, but at least I could understand what happened, had she known this guy a long time. Had she met him online and got to know him over a period of time - say several weeks or even months, I could understand how a potential relationship could grow and cultivate. But that didn't happen here. They exhanged a few E-mails and instant messages, and the next thing you know...

My wife has since told me that she feels this guy is a douchebag. Those are her exact words. In all honesty, the guy has turned into a whiney, immature baby. And you know, he always was. But for that one day, he was on his best behavior. The other night, she literally said, "I can't believe I almost threw my marriage away over a total douchebag." My only point is this. Had she actually taken the time to get to know him, his douchebag character would undoubtedly have surfaced for her to see. And then none of this would have happened.

If I were an authority figure, I might be tempted to say to her, "Have you learned a lesson from this?" I mean, she acted on total impulse, and basically did what she did, on a total whim. As stupid as it sounds, perhaps the lesson learned was to wait until you really and truly know someone before you escalate things so quickly.

I have forgiven. But I can't forget. I only hope that I'm able to not throw it back in her face if I ever get into an argument with her. I don't believe I will though. I'm usually pretty good at holding back in situations like that.

No comments: