Saturday, November 10, 2007

STAINED

That's how I feel about my marriage right now. It's been stained - stained by infidelity. We can never go back. No matter what happens in the future, we can never say that are marriage has been 100% true. There will always be that dark shadow hanging over it, which will undoubtedly make for a few awkward moments in the future.

I can forsee perhaps at some point, some of our friends might bring up the subject of cheating in a relationship. And how do my wife and I even contribute to that conversation? And just suppose one of my wife's friends who knows about what happened (there seems to be several of them now) happens to be there? Humiliation and embarrassment, that's what.

6 comments:

Survived said...

MWH, it sounds from your other posts that your wife is doing all the right things, so appreciate that and sit tight and don't worry about what MIGHT happen. I know I went round in circles with hypothetical situations, but it does get easier as time progresses, and it only serves to make you go crazy. Concentrate on what is happening now, not what happened or what you imagine will happen. I know it's difficult, and you're not too far past D-day, but hang in there.

Take care.

MandM Mom said...

I know what you mean about your marriage not being 100%, that is one of my biggest worries. If you can survive it, your marriage is still never what it was.My only hope is that it can in fact be better.

MandM Mom said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you are in a good place in your life. This roller coster is certainly not a fun one. I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers for a happy life. It's like the say ....the courage to accept the things you cannot change. I wish you the very best. If you ever want to talk just email me.

Summer said...

I went through this painful process after my husbands affair. It is devistating. I get the sense that you've been very hurt and totally understand that. I hope that you've been able to work through things and are feeling better. How is your marriage today?

thong1999 said...

MWH,

Just wondering how you have been doing. Its been a while since you posted.

Macmi said...

Just visiting.. There no perfect person in this earth, but you can make it almost complete by being a very good husband! I'm also having a trouble in my marriage before! and now I'm making a blog for HUSBAND, collecting information and many tips for husband. Come visit my blog sometimes, It may be useful for us..

Thanks.